Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mazatlan - A place of beauty

We went to Mazatlan..
No, not that Mazatlan. But I wish..
The Mazatlan we went to wasn't serine, it wasn't peaceful, it wasn't beautiful.
It was Mazatlan Family Mexican Restaurant.
First off, I do like the restaurant. I love the people there, we've been going there for years as a family. I know almost all of the staff, and even was friends at one time with a girl who works there. They are all a family. The place is a beautiful restaurant, it has tons of historic paintings, and beautiful decorations. I just really like it's atmosphere. It's a beautiful place with beautiful culture. But what isn't beautiful.. The fact that it's a restaurant..
that serves food like this...
The people who own the restaurant are our neighbors. They are very kind. I asked the wife once how they cooked some of their food, because it terrifies me. She assured me that there is no animal lard they cook with, no grease. Only oils from vegetables, and avocado. 
Still, they pile waaaaay to much food onto a plate. Though that is good in ways, if you were a healthy eater. Most people aren't healthy eaters, no, most Americans will just eat what's on their plate well beyond the point of satiety, thinking that you have to be painfully full before you are done. Then there are those obsessed ones like me, who will pick at the food, examine the food, only eat some of it and be treated like an alien for not consuming every last carb on their plate like everyone else. I order a salad that has baby shrimp on it, and I get the dressing on the side. It is a HUGE, HUGE salad. Like, 3 cups of lettuce, and piles of baby shrimp. I only ate about 1/3 a cup of the baby shrimp, and 1 cup of the lettuce, and three chips, and about 3 tablespoons of salsa. I also ate one bite of a tortilla my sister offered me. Okay, not too horrible considering the fact that it was my first and only meal of the day. I drank water, ate all the ice. 

Of course I took the rest of mine home in a box, my mom seemed slightly agitated at the fact that I hadn't eaten it all. Once upon a time at this restaurant I would get a bean burrito, with rice and beans, and eat it all. But that was when I was a weak pig, I was just a kid then. Then I decided that was fatty, I started to get a bean tostada, with no cheese, then I refused to eat there for a long time. Then I went IP, came out "recovered," and for a while got this fajita salad, which I would eat almost all of, and about 10 chips. But now days I do this with the shrimp salad. At least I will eat SOMETHING there, and sit with the family pretending I love every bite. 

My mom offered me a few spoonfulls of her rice and beans into my to-go box. My father gave me two slices of his quesadilla. Jenny will always take your scraps. Always, because tommarow, I am going to binge on it all, then puke it all up. 

I cannot think because I can't stop thinking about it down in the fridge. It's in there on top of the pizza box, which has 2 slices of perfectly good pizza. 

^ That is what I am, I am such a damned pig.^

No comments:

Post a Comment